Monday, December 21, 2009

I heart cupcakes :)

This past weekend I had another cupcake adventure. It was one of my new friend's birthday and I was more than happy to design cute cupcakes for her. I usually work with my friend Melissa. She bakes and I decorate. She makes the most delicious cakes, cupcakes and bread. But she is out of town visiting her folks. So I was all by myself. I adventured and I baked pineapple coconut cupcakes. They came out a little bit dry, but oh well ..I'm learning. The best part for me is the decoration. The birthday girl loves turquoise, so I definitely put those colors in the cupcakes......and this was the end result:


I made the roses using milk chocolate..



and put some polka dot ribbon around the cupcakes..







and vanilla icing!


I love decorating....

(El fin de semana fue el cumpleanos de mi nueva amiga y para ese dia le hize panquesitos de coco y pina. Me salieron medio secos pero estoy aprendiendo. Usualmente mi amiga Melissa es la que los hace y yo los decorot por que es mi parte favorita, pero ella se fue de viaje. Use color turquesa para la decoration. Las rosas son de chocolate y les puse una cinta alrededor.)


1 comment:

mandi said...

Mabel! that looks so good! i heart cupcakes too. :) I saw ur xmas card with u marco and cinni. It's beautiful! i love the mitts and the pot holder too! You are so talented! miss you!