Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Some Bolivian Art!

"El Diablo" The Devil in oil pastels.

One of my favorite Bolivian artist had an art exhibition in the Bay Area this past weekend and I could not have missed it for anything in the world!
His name is Roberto Mamani Mamani and is from the same city was born, La Paz, Bolivia. I was very excited to meet him and tell him I am his number one fan. As I expected he is very humble, friendly and very inspiring.
He comes from an indigenous family and is very proud of his culture. He gets his inspiration from the richness of the Ayamara culture which is known for the use of vivid and striking colors in their clothes.




He was very welcoming when I approach him. When I asked him if he could sign my book, he took my book and said: "I am going to make you a portrait instead," He drew a sketch of me and signed it. It was a breathtaking experience! 
He is going around the world to show his art work and his next destination will be Europe. As a fellow proud Bolivian, I wish him the best!



Mamani-Mamani Art Work


(Now in Espanol: El muy reconocido artista Boliviano Roberto Mamani Mamani estuvo en San Francisco el pasado fin de semana. Como no era de esperar fuimos a ver su exposision y a conocerlo en persona. Nos atendio muy bien. Es muy amigable y sobre todo humilde. Le pedi su autografo y el ademas de eso hizo un dibujo mio que apenas se ve en la foto. Me inspiro mucho conocerlo y me dio aun mas ganas de pintar y dibujar. Mamani estara de gira por Europa y como buena Boliviana le deseo lo mejor!)





1 comment:

Melissa said...

yay!! you met him !! I left you a little award on my blog, so I hope you can check it out =) hope you're having a great day!

ps. I MISS YOU! what have you been up to?