Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Art Therapy for Kids!

It is hard to believe I started my practicum two months ago, time flies! I was a little scared to start my internship this year because it was going to be a new experience as a therapist.
However, I am so fortunate to say that I LOVE it!
First, I am working with children, which is the population I am interested in working once I graduate. Second, the staff at the agency I am, CHAC, is very supportive and they are willing to teach you as if you were a five year-old-kid. Third, my supervisors are licensed Art Therapist and I am learning so much from them. And lastly, I have the opportunity to do art therapy with the children! What else can I ask for? I am practicing what I studied for, working with young children and doing what I love the most ART! :)


Some of the Rocks we (the interns) painted at the orientation day!


One of the Kid's project.

Jewelry box from a 9yo girl!


Gifts for mom. From a 9yo boy!


1 comment:

Yarni Gras! said...

wonderful!!! I love the rocks. Our kids did rock paperweights as Father's and Mother's Day gifts years ago and we still have them (we coated them w/ gloss spray)